We Take Your Privacy Seriously.
Here at Mark Mate, we understand the importance of your privacy and do everything we can to be open about the information we collect and how it will be used.
If you have any concerns about your privacy at Mark Mate, please email us at [email protected] or click the chat icon to start chatting with us.
Mark Mate comes in two parts, our ‘Store Front’ website (www.MarkMate.co.uk) and our Teacher Application (https://teacher.markmate.co.uk)
All data processed in the Teacher Application is encrypted and only viewable by the teacher logged in.
Types Of Data We Collect
– Contact Details
– Delivery Address
– Payment Profile information from PayPal
– Data that identifies you
– Data on how you use Mark Mate
– Student assessment information (Encrypted)
Third Parties Who Process Your Data
The following services help us keep Mark Mate running by storing or processing your data on our behalf:
– Infrastructure: AWS (Teacher Application), Hostinger, Cloudflare
– Analytics: Google Analytics, Facebook (MarkMate.co.uk only, not Teacher Application)
– Interactions: Tawk.to, Simple Forms, Names.co.uk, LogMeIn
– Payments: PayPal, Squareup.com
How We Use Your Data
– To keep Mark Mate running
– To help us improve Mark Mate
– To give personalised customer support
– To send information about product changes and offers (only if you allow us to!)
– To deliver your order effectively
– We use only necessary cookies to run and improve the service
– You can turn off cookies but this will mean for example that we can’t recognise you in in-app messaging.
– Click Here to find out more about the cookies we use.
When Do We Collect Data?
– You browse any page of our website
– You sign up for a free trial
– You use Mark Mate Teacher Application
– You receive emails from us
– You contact us
– You chat with our customer support
– You Opt-In to marketing messages
Know Your Rights
– Access information we hold on you
– Opt-Out of marketing messages
– Be forgotten by Mark Mate
– Amend any information we hold on you
– Complain about us
Working Together To Keep Your Data Safe.
As part of the GDPR requirements, we ask that all schools using Mark Mate read and sign our Data Processing Agreement which outlines the ways in which we, as the ‘Data Processor’, manage the information you, the ‘Data Controller’ provide us. View Data Processing Agreement
Keeping Your Data Safe
To ensure Mark Mate runs smoothly, we harness the power of Amazon Web Services which provide robust, secure and scalable data storage solutions.
All data processed by Mark Mate is encrypted at the highest level, making sure it is only visable to the user who created it.
We perform daily backups of our data storage which are retained for 7 days, making sure we are able to recover from any data loss.
If a user decides they want to stop using Mark Mate, we will permanently remove all data from our servers within 7 days of the cancellation.
If a school uses Mark Mate, we provide them with an ‘Admin’ account which is able to create, modify and delete all teacher accounts. If the account is removed by admin, all traces of that user is removed from our server within 7 days.